9/24/07

Wake up! You're on Accidental Survivors.

Back in the day (yes, several months ago was "the day"), I appeared in a few episodes of the Accidental Survivors podcast. For those of you who haven't heard of this, Accidental Survivors is a podcast dedicated to modern gaming. Being a sucker for modern gaming, I love it. It's hosted by Fraser Ronald of Sword's Edge Publishing and features some of the best commentary and funniest bloopers of all the podcasts on my listening list. I haven't been on the show in quite a while, and I stopped listening for a while due to a lack of time. But now, with an hour-long commute to work and an MP3-playing phone in my pocket, I've been catching up on podcasts like no tomorrow.

So today I finally managed to catch up to Episode 16 of Accidental Survivors, all about game design (and featuring Charles Rice as a guest, who spoke about Modern 2.0 [now Modern20] and game design in general). During their News & Views portion of the show, I was very surprised to hear Fraser talk about this very blog! Both he and Charles seemed excited to know I am still alive and kicking. It was a great treat on a Monday morning to that kind of attention shone in my direction.


Oh, and Fraser, Charles is right. You did get my name wrong. And I won't hurt you. Yet... ;)

3 comments:

AccidentalFraser said...

Dude, as soon as I said the name, I had a sense of deja vu. "I've mispronounced this name before!" a little voice in the back of my head said.

As is the fate of all little voices, it was mercilessly beat to death with its own arm by the only thought my brain has room for: "I need another beer."

Rob said...

Hey - what are Groff and I? Chopped liver?

David S. Gallant said...

Co-hosts? :)

Seriously, I didn't forget about you guys. I just kind of misplaced your names and identities when I was writing the blog article. Totally not forgotten.