1/25/08

What a week.

- Terminated one agent who never bothered to show up to work when she joined my team.

- Found out another one of my agents was terminated for mouthing off (again) to other supervisors and managers.

- Received a verbal warning from one of my managers because some of my agents have been missing a lot of work and I haven't done anything about it.

- Had to catch up nearly a month's worth of attendance records in one day, over and above my usual workload.

- Pulled a 12-hour day, didn't take a lunch break, in addition to my regular schedule.

- Had words with an agent who very loudly proclaimed "some supervisors should be fired!" because another supervisor was trying to go home for the day and asked her to seek help elsewhere.

- Interrupted every ten minutes by agents asking questions, half of them falling into the "I'm too lazy to look up the answer so I'll ask David" category and the other half being "the issue is too complex to understand through words and requires David to investigate/resolve it."

- Didn't get done things that have been on my to-do list for months (like tell my agents how well/poorly they are doing).

- Restrain myself from confronting an agent who was harassing a member of my team because "HR has to be the one to deal with it" and HR adheres to the convenient hours of 9am to 4pm, perfect for dealing with issues that crop up at 6pm and later.

- Become the forwarding point for every other person in the center who decides now is the best time to register complaint about this harassing agent, even after being told to send their complaint to HR.

- Sift through roughly 300 emails, about 40 of which directly pertain to me, the rest being messages sent through the convenience of "Reply All" from senders who don't seem to care who "All" are or that "All" just found out about how their password was reset to Bigman01, not like that was really confidential information.

- Hound roommates who haven't been able to properly pay rent for three months to finally pay before the landlord gets the law involved, and have them still miss that deadline.


I don't have nearly enough beer to end this week with.

2 comments:

AccidentalFraser said...

One of those f###ing weeks. Your robot brain needs beer.

David S. Gallant said...

In ironic news, my preordered copy of Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E. arrived in time for week's end. And I picked up a two-four of Lakeport Honey. Good times comin'.